How would you like us to communicate with you?
If you have a disability, impairment or sensory loss we want to make sure you can access and understand information, and receive any communication support you need.
We follow the guidance set out in the Accessible Information Standard.
- record those needs clearly and in a set way.
- highlight or flag the person’s file or notes so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and how to meet those needs.
- share information about people’s information and communication needs with other providers of NHS and adult social care, when we have consent or permission to do so.
- take steps to ensure that people receive information which they can access and understand, and receive communication support if they need it.
Non-urgent advice:How to get support
Please tell us how you would like us to communicate with you, and if you need any support:
- email email@example.com
- telephone 01983 284333
- tell the receptionist when you arrive for your appointment
We will provide support if you are a patient, or if you are caring for someone who is a patient.
For example, you might need:
- To be contacted by email or text instead of by telephone.
- To receive information in another language, audio, braille, easy read or large print.
- To be supported by a communication professional at appointments if this is needed to support conversation, for example a British Sign Language interpreter.
- More time in your appointment.
- Help to use hearing aids.
If you have difficulty getting the support you need, for free, independent and confidential support, contact SWAN (South West Advocacy Network) at:
Tel: 03333 447928
We have a longstanding commitment to promote equality, eliminate harassment and value the diversity of our patients and staff. Equality means treating all our patients, visitors and staff fairly and ensuring that our services are equally accessible and understandable to all.
Published: Jun 29, 2022
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.